The denominational character of our school is Educate Together and the Educate Together Organisation also acts as our patron body. The ethos of our school is multi-denominational and in this atmosphere the moral, intellectual, social and physical growth of our pupils is nurtured.
- Our school presently has 19 staff including an administrative Principal, 8 class teachers, 1 Learning Support Teacher, 2 Resource Teachers, 4 English Language Teachers and three Special Needs Assistants.
- Our school is co-educational and children are taught from Junior Infants up to sixth class.
- Our school depends on the grants and teacher resources provided by the Dept. of Education and Science and it operates under the Rules for National Schools, the Education Act 1998 and within the regulations laid down by the Department.
- Our school follows the curricular programmes prescribed by the Dept. of Education and Science.
- Our school supports the principles of:
- Inclusiveness, particularly with reference to the enrolment of children with a disability or other special educational needs;
- Equality of access and participation in the school;
- Parental choice in relation to enrolment;
- Respect for the diversity of values, beliefs, traditions, language and ways of life in society.
- Our school has a Code of Discipline, which was drawn up by staff and Board of Management in consultation with parents and is reviewed on an annual basis.
- The enrolment of a child in the school is an acceptance by the child and his/her parent(s)/ Guardian(s) of the school’s Code of Discipline.
- Our school is a smoke free environment.
- School commences at 9:20 am.
- First break 11:00-11:10 am
- Second break 1:00pm-1.30pm
- Junior & Senior Infants go home at 2:00pm
- 1st-6th class go home at 3:00pm