As announced by the Taoiseach on Friday, 1st May, school buildings will be closed to pupils for the rest of this school year, 2019/2020. The roadmap released by the government aims for schools to reopen on a phased basis from the start of the 2020/2021 school year.
What will this look like at Ennis ETNS?
- Food packs will continue to be delivered fortnightly.
- We will continue to support remote learning via work packs. The next work pack will be posted late this week, and will include a suggested timetable, three weeks worth of activities and a letter from your child’s teacher. This will take us to the end of May. There will then be a June work pack sent in the final week of May with similar content.
- We will also continue to post extension ideas daily on our Facebook and Twitter pages, for families who would like some further ideas.
- We will continue to send out the link to our Music Generation weekly music lessons.
- We recommend RTE school hub everyday from 11am-12pm (or online on Rte Player at any time) as a wonderful resource for pupils.
- Teachers are still working, and are available for questions and feedback via email. I’ve included teacher emails again at the bottom of this letter.
- Every family will receive a minimum of one phone call per week from one teacher who works with your children. This is to check in, say hi and maintain relationships with the children and with yourselves. The calls will come from a private number. There is no obligation to answer or chat, but we’d love to chat to you and your children to touch base.
- Class teachers will email weekly to the class, if we have your email address. If we don’t, please send it on to your teacher or Mary.
- We will also get in touch via letters, postcards etc during this time.
- We suggest that parents send on examples of the work their children are doing for their teacher to see, and give feedback on. We suggest sending on a photo of one piece of work in English and Maths each week as well as another piece your child would like them to see and comment on. This can be done via the email addresses provided below.
- We have put together a parent survey to gather feedback on what is working for you and what you feel you would like some more support on, and to gather suggestions. Please take the time to fill in the survey here (or via the link sent by text) to give us a picture of how things are going.
- Towards the end of May and in June we will be in touch with current 6th class pupils with resources and support for our transition to secondary school programme, in conjunction with the School completion project and Ennis Community College. We will also be looking to plan for our 6th class pupils to come back for a graduation celebration early next year once we are back in school.
Things to Note
- The most important thing during this difficult time is the mental wellbeing of you and your children. All work sent is optional, and there as a support. Do as much or as little as works for you and your family.
- If you can do some of the work sent, it will help keep the pupils ticking over and revise their learning.
- All pupils will be moving on to the next class in September.
- Teachers will adapt to where the pupils are in September. They will not be ‘behind’, we will start from where they are. It will take time to regain the learning time lost, but pupils will get there over time and the teachers will support them to do so.
- We are here for support. Class teachers, Special Education Teachers, SNAs, Mary and school leadership are all here and available to help in any way we can. Please do not hesitate to get in touch. I’ve included contact details below as a reminder.
|School mobile (Trina)||0834851741|
|School email (Trina)||email@example.com|
We hope you are all keeping well. Stay safe.